John and I agreed that we would not spend $ on each other for Valentine's Day this year so I ended up getting him a gift from Pier 1 (one of my favorite stores) because I had a gift card there. He knew I got him something from Pier 1, which totally puzzled him - what could I possibly get him that he would like from Pier 1?
Well, I got him one of his favorite games - CHESS! I admit that it took a week for him to convince me to play it with him. I finally gave in today. I can't decide if it was a good move to give him this gift or not? Now he expects me to learn how to play.
Each turn, I had to ask John what each piece can do. I am sure I drove him crazy! Can anyone give me some advice/strategy tips just in case I have to play him again?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

9 comments:
My kids all love Chess. Tell him to bring it down and play with them. From what I've heard, even Jaxon is pretty good. I don't know what the pieces can do either, even though I've been told several times. Just give me a deck of cards and I'm happy.
It surprised me when we saw you today that you said you just learned how to play. You are so good at all the games you play I thought you knew how to play chess in the womb.
chess is one of my favorite games ever.. I need to get back into it. I haven't played it since I was a little tike!
Chess is an awesome game. Sad to say I am like Brandt and have not played it for a long time, since my mission. I think I would have to re-learn everything. Good Luck!
Bret has to re-teach me when we play. Which isn't often. David caught on faster, but doesn't like any game much except risk.
I like to play chess with little kids but not anyone who likes to sit and think about their moves. It is a much too long game that way and I am not very good.
I have no strategy to the game at all. Wes kills me every time we play. I will have Wes tell you some of his then you can use them on John.
Pretty sure the game of chess is way to complicated for me! I use to play with my brother, but I don't think I ever really knew the rules of it!
Maybe someday I'll learn how to play it for real. Good luck on learning some strategies!
I'm pretty sure you've got it, or you don't...You have to be able to predict a lot of moves in advance. Find out about the castle move, it's a good one!
Post a Comment