Monday, October 11, 2010

Life

We are doing really well. Felicity is getting so big. She loves when I try to make her stand by herself. She giggles and giggles, which ends with her falling. Here are some of her 6 month pictures that I forgot to post (my scanner was dusty):
Easton is so fun. For some reason, he has started carrying his Yoda and Darth Vader Mighty Muggs around the house so John decided to show him a Star Wars clip. He saw General Grievous and exclaimed in excitement, "Casey Jones!" As most of you know, Easton just loves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It made us laugh.

I have nowhere to go this week so I am determined to get Easton a little bit interested in going to the bathroom on the toilet. I tried here and there this summer, then again in September, and then again last week (I tried last week because Kadee is doing so well, which makes me think Easton should be able to do well). Last week was awful, and I did not enjoy it one bit.

We decided Easton needs to be bribed. I made a chart that he gets to put stickers on each time he goes. Once he goes five times, he gets one of his favorite things, a package of fruit snacks. When he goes five more times, he gets a Mini Mugg (see pictures below - love them).
This morning I decided to make him sit on the toilet until he went. He was not happy. He finally went so we put a sticker on his chart (he seemed quite uninterested). Late morning, I decided to force him again. He ran away from me and screamed like a mad man. Finally, he went again. We put another sticker on his chart. Then something clicked. Immediately after we put the second sticker on his chart, he went again so we put another sticker on his chart. Then he went again (all in a row). He has seven stickers so far today (already got a fruit snack). I hope this means he is getting it.

6 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

That is so exciting. Potty training is such a big step. Easton and Felicity look so much older! I miss them. Cole keeps asking me if we can go to your farm now. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut on that one. ha ha ha

The Lovells said...

Ah, the joys of potty training:) The sticker idea is pretty good. We have been giving little mamba treats. There like 5 cents which makes it pretty reasonable for the most part.

matesen said...

Love Felicity's 6 month pic. She is adorable. And the sticker chart is a good idea-I will have to remember that for when I have to potty train!

mayna and randy said...

Chelsea, some of the ladies at work said that they used cherrios. Tell him to sink them.

Jackee said...

Way to go Easton! He is so nonchalant I can totally see him showing absolutely no interest. I'm glad he's doing it for you. He is such an adorable little guy.

Wes said...

Hey,

We put a watch on allie with a timer on it. When the timer went off (like every hour or so) it meant that it was time to go. She liked it for a while and still talks about it. So if the sticker loses his attention try other stuff, we went through 5 different systems