Friday, February 3, 2012

Felicity's 2nd Birthday

I did a My Little Pony themed birthday party for Felicity.  We played pin the tail on Rarity (pony) for the girls and pin the tail on Spike (dragon) for the boys.  It was a lot of fun.

As we sang Happy Birthday to Felicity, she just had a blank stare.  Everyone was wondering if she was going to start crying, but she didn't!  She was one spoiled little girl.
It is amazing how much you can learn just by making a cake.  With her castle cake, I learned how to do/make so many things:
  • Make Wedding Buttercream Frosting
  • Add Support to Tiered Cakes
  • Add Moisture to Cakes
  • Smooth Buttercream Frosting
I was pleased to find out that my choice of colors (gold, purple, and white) are truly the colors of the Canterlot castle.  I did not know that until after the birthday party as I was throwing away all of the cases/booklets that held the My Little Ponies!  What a great coincidence.

1 comment:

The Lovells said...

wow that cake is awesome. Brindi would love something like that.