Monday, January 23, 2012

Year 2011

I just received my kids scrapbooks for last year, and I decided I should update my blog by posting some of the layouts I did for their books.  That way it won't take me forever, and you still can see an update of our life.

Christmas started about a week after Halloween for us this year.  Felicity had so much fun decorating the tree.

We had a Lovell Christmas party on the 23rd of December.  It was filled with delicious food, fun games, the nativity, and lots of presents to open.  Might I say, I was absolutely spoiled by my parents.  

The morning of Christmas Eve, we headed for St. George.  We went to the Spilsbury Christmas Party that night, and we had a good time with lots of family, food, games, nativity, and snatch grabs.  Easton got $35.10.  That is a big jump from his 25 cents two years ago!  Felicity also did well with a total of $16.79.  Thanks to Uncle Clark for throwing his handful of money right into her cup!

Easton got sick a week before Christmas, and Felicity got sick two to three days before Christmas so on Christmas Day, Felicity was miserable.  I don't think we really got any photos of her the entire day.  It was so sad.  Easton had a blast.  He was so excited about everything.  The present he asked for was Giant Man, a mighty mugg.
Felicity and Easton both had so much fun making gum drop turkeys.  We spent Thanksgiving weekend in Leamington this year.  I finally got a cute picture of Kenzee and Felicity together!  I hope it is the start of a great friendship.  We gave Felicity a piece of candy right before she sat on Santa's lap this year so she didn't cry because she was eating something sweet.
October was filled with multiple trips to Gardner Village.  We went with Zeke and Dempsey one time, our friends another time, just us another time, and Kari and Daxton a last time.  Every single time was tons of fun.  We went to Leamington two weekends in a row.  We carved pumpkins one weekend and trick-or-treated the next.  On Halloween, we went to my mom's school to watch the Halloween parade and afterwards, we visited my grandparents.  It was so wonderful to see them.  We don't see them enough.  Felicity was a candy corn witch.  Easton was Snake Eyes and Raphael.
 
Easton mutton busted for the second time at Leamarado Days.  He kept telling me he fell off the sheep.  Felicity absolutely loved the swing.
We had a wonderful family vacation during the summer.  My parents got a huge cabin for all of us to stay in.  It was a really nice and very spacious cabin.  We started the vacation by visiting Jackson Hole.  Then we went to Yellowstone for the next several days.  On the way home, we went to Bear World.
Easton was drawn out to mutton bust at the Hinckley Rodeo.  I was so excited.  He was too until he got on the sheep and it started to move.  At that point, he decided no way.  But, Grandpa laid him down and off the sheep ran.  He lasted half a second!
We went to Utah's Hogle Zoo with my family this year during the KFC party.  I absolutely loved the Dinosaurs, but Easton was terrified of them.
Polly and York flew us to Chickamauga, Georgia for a few days in May!  We had so much fun.  Grandma Winsor was there at the same time.  We wish we were able to stay longer, but John didn't have enough vacation days.  Little did we know, he was going to be promoted a month later and lose his vacation days so we could have and should have stayed longer.  It was crazy seeing the tornado damage to the homes within miles from Polly's home.  We visited the Walnut Street Bridge in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  We also did one of the things on John's bucket list.  We went to an Atlanta Braves game.  It was so fun.  Easton got an awesome Atlanta Braves Mickey Mouse hat.  Too bad he lost it last Fall because he took it off while we were out shopping, and I didn't notice until after we left the store.  We went back, but it was nowhere to be found.  Thank you to York, Polly, and Victoria for making it such a wonderful vacation for us.  We truly had a lot of fun.
Easter weekend was filled with our normal traditions of Sand Dunes on Friday, Easter Egg Hunt, picnic, and softball game on Saturday, and Easter on Sunday!  I did not put sunscreen on Felicity during the Sand Dunes, and she got huge blisters.  It was so sad.  I hope I learned my lesson.
We went and helped grandpa do cattle.  Easton thought it was fun seeing the cows. 
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of our highlights!  We had a fun year.

4 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

I enjoyed them! It is crazy how much Felicity has changed since last May. I know that is a long time for little kids but she looks so big!

The Lovells said...

Those are some cool layouts. It was great to see your last year. Crazy how much the kids can change in a year.

Bret and Amy said...

What a great year you had. Glad I was usually with you!

Jackee said...

I love your layouts and I want them all:)! They are so cute and would take me hours to do. I also need those bath pictures of Kenzee and Felicity. They are adorable! You did a wonderful job summing up your year. I think I'm two years behind, maybe I should get to it!