Sunday, September 14, 2008

Regional Conference

We attended Regional Conference today at the Conference Center!  It was the first time John and I have seen President Thomas S. Monson speak in person since he has been the prophet.  We thoroughly enjoyed the conference.  The prophet told a cute story at the beginning of his talk.  He said he was sitting between President Hinckley and President Faust.  President Hinckley told him to nudge him if he started to snooze.  President Faust also told him to nudge him if he started to snooze.  Of course, President Monson was thinking, "If the prophet starts to snooze, I have to let him know that?"  Anyways, both President Hinckley and President Faust started to snooze so President Monson nudged President Hinckley and said, "President Hinckley, President Faust is sleeping."  President Hinckley jammed his arm into President Faust so quick!  I am sure I misquoted some of that, but I hope you got the gist of it.

4 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

President Monson has always been my favorite speaker. I love to hear his stories.

The Lovells said...

That is a funny story. I hope we are able to attend one of those sessions. But usually those are benefits of Utah mormons unless its in St. Louis or your home town that is.

Casie said...

That's a cute story. I love President Monson's talks, he is such an amazing man and speaker! Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog! It was so fun to hear from you and come look to see what you guys are up to. I always thought you and John would marry each other and it's awesome that you did and your little guy is so adorable! He is seriously so precious! Anyway, feel free to stop by again!

Jackee said...

Chelsea, who is Casie? I noticed her husband is going to Touro, that's where Mark went to Medical School.